Are you searching for a new, cheap power supply for your CNC project? Well, here you have two options for a 24V / 8A supply.
I bought Sonyang for $35 just here. I don’t remember how much I paid for the MW one, but for sure it was in the same range. So here are the guts, Sonyang on top, MW below.
Some things to point out:
- Yellow plastic cover on MW is not well designed: can’t be fully opened (I will just remove it).
- Soldered fuse on MW, socket fuse on Sonyang.
- Dual output 24V terminal on MW; triple on Sonyang.
- Way better output rectifier heatsink on Sonyang.
- Overall larger components on Sonyang.
Of course a visual inspection of the boards doesn’t tell the full history, but to me, there’s a obvious choice.
Update: Second power supply brand is “Meang Wel”, not “Mean Well” as I thought. Real Mean Well power supplies seems to be a lot better.